On behalf of our client in the financial sector, we are seeking a SAS Programmer Analyst for 3 months contracting role. The hiring manager is looking for a SAS programmer for automation and improvement of existing data process for model development and validation. The manager leads a small data team to deliver data for development of wholesale/commercial credit risk models, validation and risk reporting. The candidate needs to have strong technical skills, specifically in SAS and SQL programming. Strong communication skills are a must.
The candidate needs to get familiar with existing processes of data extraction and consolidation, data sources and programs; the candidate will be working on improving and making the data process more efficient, as well as on building new programs (data extraction, statistical testing, etc).
SAS Must have Skills:
- 3-5+ years of experience in SAS programming
- Strong SQL programing skills and experience working with data and databases
- High proficiency to write, test and validate SAS macros in order to construct/aggregate analysis datasets and automate data cleaning and validation, statistical tests, tables and graphs used in quarterly validation reports for credit risk parameters ( BRR, PD, LGD, EAD)
- Strong work ethics and deep understanding of data extraction/modeling tools . More specifically:
Advanced programming with SAS/Base, SAS/STAT, SAS/Macro, SAS/SQL and SAS/GRAPH
- In-depth experience in automating data processing and programming statistical tests
- Strong technical knowledge of statistical analysis, modeling techniques and their application in credit risk environment.
SAS Nice to have Skills:
· FI Experience
· SAS Certifications
Programmer Analyst – SAS Duration: 3 months